When it comes to spring or summer, we’re always looking for accessories that are light to wear. I created my first DIY jewelry and decided for lace.
I created my first DIY jewelry and decided for lace. Why lace? Because it looks pretty and if you’re looking for a necklace that fits every outfit you’re going to make the right decision. I created a necklace and some cute earrings. All you need for it are just a few items:
Lace Accessories and what you need for it:
- A piece of Lace ( If you have a old one, cut out the piece you want the most.)
- “Texifix” (textile hardener – In Austria you can buy it at every handicraft shop)
- Needle and thread
- Carabiner & chain for the necklace
- Items you want to use for spicing up your accessories (pearls, chains)
1. & 2. First of all cut out the pieces you want to use from the lace.
3.,4. & 5. Sew the pieces together and use texifix to harden them.
6. Wait for 2 hours until it’s dry and stiff enough. Sew the chain to the textile.
7. & 8. Split the chain in the middle and place your carabiner.
9. Voilá your IT-Piece is finally ready to wear!
If you’re still not sure how to do it you can watch the video tutorial by clicking on the last image.
Have a nice evening guys!