When it comes to spring or summer, we’re always looking for accessories that are light to wear. I created my first DIY jewelry and decided for lace.
I created my first DIY jewelry and decided for lace. Why lace? Because it looks pretty and if you’re looking for a necklace that fits every outfit you’re going to make the right decision. I created a necklace and some cute earrings. All you need for it are just a few items:
Lace Accessories and what you need for it:
- A piece of Lace ( If you have a old one, cut out the piece you want the most.)
- “Texifix” (textile hardener – In Austria you can buy it at every handicraft shop)
- Needle and thread
- Carabiner & chain for the necklace
- Items you want to use for spicing up your accessories (pearls, chains)
1. & 2. First of all cut out the pieces you want to use from the lace.
3.,4. & 5. Sew the pieces together and use texifix to harden them.
6. Wait for 2 hours until it’s dry and stiff enough. Sew the chain to the textile.
7. & 8. Split the chain in the middle and place your carabiner.
9. Voilá your IT-Piece is finally ready to wear!
I used another pieces to create some cute earrings. All you need is a hot glue gun to stick the pearls to the lace. I got a pair of old earrings and used their hooks for the lace ones.
If you’re still not sure how to do it you can watch the video tutorial by clicking on the last image.
Have a nice evening guys!